Re: Topband: 2 wire beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 wire beverage
From: "Ford Peterson" <ford@cmgate.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:28:39 -0500
> OK, so maybe a two wire switchable may not be the way to go.  How  about
> placing them  parallel about 15 feet apart...one facing northwest,  and one
> facing
> southeast?  Any interaction?  Any need to ground  one when the other is being
> used?
>
> Bill  K4XS

I don't think I have a problem with the two wire switchable arrangement.  The
only trouble with them that I can see is the complexity.  Your mileage may vary
depending on your conditions.  If you build them correctly, they will play.

As far as placement, I used the only spot on the property that it will fit.
Even 290' bevs don't work well due to buildings, antennas, roads, etc.

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com