Re: Topband: Beverage Query...

To: "Ford Peterson" <ford@cmgate.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage Query...
From: "Chuck Hutton" <charlesh3@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:37:02 -0700
Ford:

I'm not sure I understand your test setup - did you have the push-pull and
single ended transformers in place while you did the measurements? If so,
the "termination resistor" you added is a spurious element; the push-pull
transformer should match the 688 Ohms impedance between the two wires and
the single ended transformer should match the 350 Ohms to ground. No further
termination is needed.

If you had the transformers disconnected and were measuring just one wire
the 450 Ohms you measured would be the transmission line impedance to
ground, and 450 is a very reasonable value for that.

Chuck