Re: Topband: Help needed: Windom & MFJ-259B measurements

To: DL1AMQ@web.de, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Help needed: Windom & MFJ-259B measurements
From: W2pm@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:13:43 EDT
Not sure what your specific readings are based on the message, however, since
you have an imbalanced antenna you are likely going to get feedline radiation
greatly affecting any measurement indication. Using a balun is of course
essential on this antenna but it will still not remove all feedline radiation
unless you take great care.  If you are reading 0 (zero) reactance however I'd
think something is radically wrong with the 259B and I recall having a problem
like that on one of mine several years ago.

In a message dated 7/23/2004 8:26:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, DL1AMQ@web.de