FW: Topband: PSK-31

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: Topband: PSK-31
From: "Jose M. Valdes R. YV5LIX" <yv5lix@cantv.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:00:46 -0000
Hello Jim.

No, you are right, PSK31 signals are inherently narrow, unless the
modulation stage of the radio is been overdriven, PSK31 signals width will
be only about 100 Hz, when properly adjusted a good quality transceivers
will usually show an IMD readings of better than -30 or -32 dB when signals
are strong (S7 to S9+10) at the receiving end; under such circustance, IMD
of -30 dB or better, PSK31 signal width will be under 100 Hz; for signals
above S9+20 dB signal width will tpically be about 100 to 120 Hz.

73/DX Joe, YV5LIX