RE: Topband: Top band Civil war of the 1960s and 70s.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: Top band Civil war of the 1960s and 70s.
From: "sebdesn" <sebdesn@ecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:16:50 -0600
> I bet many of you old time top band operators, like Herb, Tom, Barry and
> others remember the problems we use to have trying to keep the DX
> window clear of
> the phone stations. One station in the Midwest said he had just as much a
> right to operate SSB in the window as anyone, and he was right of
> course.

In the real early 70's there was a NTS traffic net on phone and cw that I
checked into on 1818 with my Johnson Ranger on am, loaded into the rain
gutters on the house.(damn those rf burns) As time went on we moved to
1981.5 and I was ncs a couple nites a week. Never heard any dx,,,HI
Bud Schieving WØHG