Re: Topband: 160m Ant on 80m?

To: "a Topband eList" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m Ant on 80m?
From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:11:21 -0000
It will certainly radiate and very efficiently BUT it will have a high takeoff
angle of maximum radiation. I have a 160-10 meter horizontal doublet up at 40
feet and I flip a switch to make it a tee vertical on all bands. On 80 meters
the low doublet is as good or better then the tee vertical on DX because of the
high takeoff angle of radiation on the tee vertical.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
Grid Square EL87WX