Topband: 5R8FU

To: "Topband@contesting.com" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 5R8FU
From: George Taft <W8UVZ@voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:01:56 -0500
Ake has been faithfully trying weekend skeds on top band shortly before
his SR.  But the freq has been altered from 1834 to 1811 due to QRM on
his end.

Hasn't been much success with the QRV but he will be on again this
weekend - Sat, Sun & Mon UTC abt 30 minutes before his SR (now very near
0255Z).

I have noticed that the 3B9C appears to have better propagation to much
of NA some 90 min before their SR and I am encouraging Ake to try the
same.  But am unsure if he will get up earlier to try it.

With the 3B9 have a shorter window to NA, it may be our SS enhancement
that is giving us the better sigs.  But worth a shot for the 5R8 - as
his SR times haven't been very fruitful.

Good luck

73  George  W8UVZ