Topband: 3B9C

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 3B9C
From: "Brian Mattson" <k8bhz@skyenet.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:08:59 -0500
3B9C was already coming in at my sunset, and rose rapidly from there. I worked
him at 00:18, when he was S7 to S9 on the meter (S1 background). He was even S3
on my slightly sloping, end fed longwire! ( I guess the end feed does work ).
Signals were strong for at least an hour.

The most interesting observation was that his signal was from a zero degree
beam heading! I am located up near Lake Superior, and the auroral doughnut
usually wipes any DX from the zero degree heading. Perhaps the very low K
numbers for several days running allowed this path to work.

In any event, a good week, with two new zones on Top, and JD1, XF4, and 3B9 in
the log! It can get frustrating up in the high latitudes....it's nice when it
actually works!

73 & Good Hunting,

Brian  K8BHZ