Topband: Vertical install / HELP

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Vertical install / HELP
From: Ed Smith <w4eds@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:30:48 -0800 (PST)
Hi:

We finally have the 25G vertical up and ready. Have three questions.

Am planning on using 91 feet of RG17 for a transformer to feed the 75 ohm
hardline. Can I also wind that same piece as a balun ??

When we installed the radials, 117 total, we put down pegs and wound up with
bowties with wires feeding in and out. Will it make any difference if I leave
these bowties or should I sever them ??

To get feedline to the tower, I go over a gulley about 90 feet deep and need
650 feet of feedline. I would like to run the feedline, some control cables,
and 220 vac across this gulley. What is the best way to suspend this bundle
from the trees to minimize feedline length and to keep the aggravating deer
away from the bundle ?? I have plenty of 1/4 inch EHS and preforms.

TU

Ed Smith  W4EDS
Downtown Mayo Community