Re: Topband: 3B9C and the far left coast

To: PACER99@aol.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 3B9C and the far left coast
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:18:15 EST
In a message dated 3/23/04 8:08:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
pacer99@aol.com writes:
just as it was supposed to!

3B9C started breaking thru the noise at exactly
my sunset (0138z). he peaked at S9 on the meter
at 0145. NE beverage with no noise. WOW what a
signal.

just faded out or gave up after his sunrise. it's now
0200z.

top band lives!

73,
larry
tucson, az

It was truly amazing just 70 mi north of you here in east Mesa also, Larry.
They peaked here about 0152Z VERY strong, and were solid until they faded at
0200Z. Fellow CADXA member N7RT worked them at 0152. I called with no luck but
am fairly antenna limited compared to some of the guys.

No Beverages here but they were actually louder on my high angle inverted vee
than they were on sloper, which is normally a much better DX antenna. I have
noticed that a bunch of times but only at sunrise and sunset and not always.

73, Bob K8IA
in the shadow of the Superstition Mtns
Arizona USA
http://www.members.aol.com/bobk8ia/index.htm