Re: Topband: Phasing 2 way (2Wire) Beverages

To: "Larry Emery" <k1uo@prexar.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Phasing 2 way (2Wire) Beverages
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 06:09:16 -0500
> Has anyone tried broadside phasing 2 way (2 wire) Beverages?   Could
> you share any particulars please.     Thinking of 580 footers spaced
> 200ft here but will it be worth the effort for use on 160/80/40 over
> using 8 single direction Beverages?

Larry, I've done that in the past. My Beverage system in Sylvania Ohio was
virtually all phased two-wire Beverages but.....

1.) At 200ft you get almost no directivity change on 160, so you get very
little S/N change.

2.) The antennas all have to be the same length and you have to watch the
connections and transformers for proper phasing.

3.) All feedlines need to be the same length.

Other than that, it works fine. In Sylvania I had two beverages in a V. I
fed the V as a broadside for firing on a line bisecting the V, and out of
phase for a line that was at right angles to the V. I got eight directions
from two antennas.

73 Tom