Topband: holy smoke on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: holy smoke on 160
From: df2py@t-online.de (Dr .Wolf Ostwald)
Date: 09 Mar 2004 06:23 GMT
hello reflectees !
today we had exactly what Bill/W4ZV predicted for the coming years. A string of
left coast stations raided the topband in EU. Opened by W6RJ, followed by
N6CT,KA6W,W6DAO,K6SE and closed by W6UM, it was a miracle thru the QRN, created
my monster snowflakes in EU.
Received 3 inches of snow in 1.5 hrs.
Northern latitudes were not in favor of this opening, at least not here at my
QTH. It might be possible to get the XF4 here in EU on topband if they showed
up under comparable conditions. Lets pray for more of this stuff !
good dx-everyone !    de wolf  -df2py-           ar sk