Re: Topband: VU2BGS

To: <topband@contesting.com>, <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Subject: Re: Topband: VU2BGS
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 19:10:17 -0500
> Wish I could correlate my openings with Kp, SF, or auroral activity, Bill.
> Over the last couple of weeks I have had some good days and some hopeless
> days.  Can't find any correlation, positive or negative!

That's what I always find also. The days I think will be great, nothing
happens. I get on when the band is supposed to be wiped out, and signals are
booming.

As an example Greg, VK3ZL and I have been trying to correlate this for
almost 5 years by checking signals at his sunset, half way between both, and
my sunrise. We can't find anything reliable.

This morning 9V1GO was the loudest I ever heard anyone from that area, BV4CT
was good, and KL7J was very strong. At the same time I couldn't even detect
the ZL digital transmissions and VK3ZL was much weaker than normal.

You just have to be there no matter what you think might happen.

73 Tom