Topband: KB7Q's real QTH

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: KB7Q's real QTH
From: "Gene Shea" <gene@geneshea.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:52:54 -0700
Hi Folks,

I've been seeing that I occasionally get spotted as being home in Montana.
Sorry to say for those of you that need a "Big Sky" contact on 160M that I'm
actually operating portable from the California desert just west of
Imperial Dam. We came south two weeks ago with the trailer to find some sun
and warmth on the BLM lands.

I've got a 55' vertical up and 32 ground radials running out across the
desert. With my 100 watts I've worked 23 countries so far! Best DX: D4B and
HC8L. No man-made noise here, so I've even copied several European stations
peaking at S4.

See you all in the CQ160SSB contest this weekend if the desert winds leave
the antenna alone.

73,

Gene, KB7Q

P.S. I'll be home in April and ready, willing, and able to run a sked with
anyone needing Montana on 160m, but keep an ear open for Bob, W7LR he has a
much better station then I do.