Re: Topband: spots and messy pileups

To: KH6DV@cs.com
Subject: Re: Topband: spots and messy pileups
From: wa4dou@juno.com
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:12:08 GMT
As regards spotting, I don't like it and I don't use it. I believe in the old
adage " listen, listen, listen." Spotting reminds me of some deer hunters who
surround an large area and use dogs and CB radio to "maximize" their hunting
experience. The Honor Roll and other objectives will come later for me but its
not absolutely essential that I work them all with no wait. I doubt that I'm
the only one who thinks or feels this way. And nothing compares to being there
and hearing the dx come on prior to "the word going out."
  73 Roy WA4DOU