Re: Topband: FCC BPL Proposal

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FCC BPL Proposal
From: W8AV@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 07:05:21 EST
>From what I have gleaned from the summary of the meeting, they are going to
allow the development of BPL.  However, they are NOT going to relax the Part 15
interference requirements which might possibly pigeonhole BPL technology for
sometime to come.  With FEMA against BPL there will probanbly be a long fight
before, if ever, anything substantial gets off the ground

The Part 15 rules, as they now stand,  will require BPL to take steps to not
cause harmful interference to existing services, something that in it's
current state of devopment is going to be very hard to achieve.

By no means is the fight over, but this is a good start.

73.............de Goose, W8AV