Topband: Great Opening February 11th with KH6AT HRD

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Great Opening February 11th with KH6AT HRD
From: Milan Gütter <gutter@ges.cz>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:19:08 +0100
Topbanders,

it was great opening at this night
on 160m (and also 80m) here in Central Europe.

At present I'am using the shunt-feed-tower.
18m high, not tall, at 22m top with 7el PRO67C Mosley
and no 160m RX antenna yet.
Located in the city with high noise level.
Its standard equipment, nothing too good. (No beverage here)

Band was quiet and good CONDX started evening (mean 22UTC)
Feb. 10th with loud OY1CT sigs, then F6BEE/6W and 9J2KC
at UTC midnight (all WKD).

Around 01UTC the 11th CONDX continues when WKD PZ5RA on 80m
and when he QSYed then PZ5RA at 02UTC on TOPBAND.

Between 02.30 to 04.00 I'am WKD
AA1K, W3YY, W4RM, K4RX, K2NV, NX4D, 4V200YH (finitely!),
some RU's and 9H1BM, K3ZO, K4ESE, W4OW, K1HTV, N0FW, W3DF.

Between 04.00 to 06.00 I was QRT for some sleep...

At the 06.10UTC the flash point is coming.
First time ever (licensed since 1965, but not much active)
I HRD (SRI no QSO) for cca 15min quite good and stable the KH6AT sigs.

Bryce worked some West Europeans, for OK it was ten or more minutes too
late,
he don't copy me   :--(((
At my sunrise at 06.20 the V31YN was here on 160 and later I WKD him on 80m.

The sigs from NA was good, the SA CONDX was poor
(not WKD ZP6CW and some PYs announced in the cluster because not HRD)

So its the story.

For DX (outside EU) I have this very important recommendation.
Use SPLIT OPERATION (1 or 2kHz or 3kHz UP), and announce this at end of each
QSO!
Its very important! In EU many bad and thoughtless operators exists.
They calling and calling, making QRM, tuning on DX QRG and keeps not
discipline.
It is the main reason, that many DX QSOs are not finished.

73 and see You on 160!

Milan, OK1FM
http://www.ok1fm.com
http://www.vhf.cz