Re: Topband: beverage running over a cyclone fence??

To: w5au@ewinet.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: beverage running over a cyclone fence??
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 01:24:59 -0500
Troy,

At a previous QTH  in Delaware I ran a 660-ft Beverage at about 10 feet high,
over cyclone fence that was 4ft high  for most of the length of the Beverage.
This was switchable as a single-wire Beverage either NW or SE and worked find.
I heard and worked lots of DX, including JAs.

My European Beverage at that QTH had a 6-ft high cyclone fence just a few feet
away from it for about two-thirds of its length, and this wire too heard lots
of DX.

Both exhibited typical Beverage f/b.

73/Jon AA1K