Topband: Phased Flags in Endfire Help

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Phased Flags in Endfire Help
From: "Dave Anderson, K4SV" <K4SV2@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:44:27 -0500
Hi All,

I have used a flag receive antenna for some time now and am very impressed with
it's performance.  I would like to try to phase two in an Endfire mode spaced
at 128 feet or so.  I use W8JI's 3 Binocular core transformer 16:1.

Tom has a receive combiner shown on his WEB site that would probably work OK
but wonder if anyone has this configuration now and has suggestions on length
of feedline, feed line type ETC.  Perhaps some sort of plans for this setup.

If you have not tried a Flag you will be very happy with it, other than winding
the transformer takes an hour or so to errect.  It's 14 feet high by 29 feet
long and can hang as low as the ground or be supported higher in the air.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Dave, K4SV
Asheville, NC