Topband: condx today at sunrise

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: condx today at sunrise
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 13:09:05 -0500
Kept the watch from 1100z today as usual. The band was very quiet.

KL7J was weak but copyable for about an hour. He peaked 569 about 1140z. Always
on the direct path. from the NNW. The aurora was less active today:
http://sec.noaa.gov/pmap/gif/pmapN.gif

VK6HD, VK3ZL and VK3XU all had good signals for a time between 1130-1200z. They
reported high QRN at that end.

DU9/N0NM, XU7ACY and 9V1GO all were on the band during this time but no copy
here. Maybe a few beeps in the noise a few times from DU9 and 9V but that was
it.

Then right at sunrise JA8ISU called in 569 direct path from NW, a minute before
our 1201z sunrise. Kaz was the only JA heard though. But he stayed in till 15
minutes past our sunrise. Spotlight propagation.

73/Jon AA1K