Topband: The Gentleman's Band

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: The Gentleman's Band
From: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 21:56:31 +0000 (GMT)
I would like to sincerely thank everybody who stood by
last night whilst I spent what seemed like hours
getting my call across to A45XR. 160m IS still the
Gentleman's Band!

FWIW he was never better than 449 here in North
Eastern Ontario, and was only audible at all on my 90
degree beverage - nothing at 60 or 120 degrees. It
never ceases to amaze me that a few hundred km to the
north can make that absorption a killer. When VE3QAA
(~500km East) and VA3DX (~300km South) were calling
him I could not detect a trace here.

73 and thanks
Roger
VE3ZI