Re: Topband: Nice OC/JA Opening to Midwest

To: "Tom Baugh" <tombaugh@discoverynet.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Nice OC/JA Opening to Midwest
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:08:00 -0500
Other than AE9B Tom and W8JI Tom calling CQ and running JA's, the band has been
stone dead here the past couple of mornings from 11z till after our sunrise at
1208z.

However, today I stayed up hoping to catch JD1YBJ around his sunset (is he
still QRV?). While no sign of him, the band was wide open to G land, and ZL1HY
and KH6AT called in with good signals between 0730-0800z. The G's were working
ZL1HY too.

73/Jon AA1K