Topband: W1BB

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: W1BB
From: "Michael Bazley" <bazley@iinet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 08:56:57 +0800
Greetings,
I wonder how many of us owe our interest in 160 due to that grand old man,
W1BB?
 I do! Back in the 50's ....as G3HDA.. I took part in his first timer's
transatlantic tests using 10watts and a dipole that wandered all over the
place. I still have some of his majic bulletins. A really great guy and
sadly missed.
73 es dx de Mike VK6HD
P.S. Gl in the test...the QRN is over the S9 mark and thunderstorms
predicted. Will use VK6HD callsign and AX6HD from 1600z on the
25th...Australia day special prefix for Jan 26th. local time.