Re: Topband: Pennant Transformer

To: wa4pgm@kinex.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Pennant Transformer
From: Ted Demopoulos <kt1v@demop.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:39:06 -0500
I'll butt in with my comments too.

Lance Johnson Engineering sells first rate stuff, as does K1FZ.

Transformers are pretty easy to make also.

I'm a rational scientific guy, and built my own Beverage transformers -
easy and no problem. Then I tried K1FZs. Don't know why, but his simply
were far superior to mine. I don't have time to screw with transformers
- I love the idea of building and experimenting, but must limit myself.
I'd rather spend time operating, or when its less cold /experimenting
with/putting up more antennas. Or maybe playing with the kids, or even
working :)
I'd rather spend the time putting up a Beverage at 5' and comparing it
to a Beverage at 10' than playing with transformers - my choice.
There are some things we can build easily, that will probably work FB.
But I still buy some "easy" components to be assured of top performance,
without needed to spend my limited "experimentation" time on them. That
said, I use K1FZ Bev transformers, and have K9AY antenna components as
well, and don't regret that at all. Some day I'll experiment with them
as well. Until then, too much DX to work, new antennas to build, etc.

73

Ted KT1V