Topband: Beverage above water

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage above water
From: df2py@t-online.de (Dr .Wolf Ostwald)
Date: 16 Jan 2004 12:17 GMT
hello reflectees !
Here is another observation that will undoubtly add to the confusion about
bev-performance.
The last days the Rhine river rose by about 10 ft.Submerging two of my 4
radiator`s feedpoints.The US beverages are now about one foot above the
waters.Interesting enough the difference in signal between TX antennas and RX
antennas remains the same as before, on long ( W0 & W7 )and short shots as well.
Sure it is sweetwater, but i think only few guys have the choice for saltwater
and therefore the difference between ground-conductivities is negligible at
discussing bev-performance in 99,9% of the cases.
Best sigs today were for shorties K8IP&W8JI , for medium distance WI5A & N2LA (
both Texicanos) and K0RF&K9BWI(both  Coloradio), N7DD pitched in for the
farthest throw.
Hadn`t it been for the rain static, some left coast may have made it into the
log. As the chain of incoming low pressure areas for EU is to end by today, and
if the noise ceases, we are in for some fun.
good dxing to everyone   de wolf   -df2py-