Topband: k9ay loops

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: k9ay loops
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:55:09 -0000
Gang,

I've had lots of responses.  Some individually replied to,
but the number is now large.  Before I get into this, I must
thank Gary, K9AY.  Without knowing if I'd bought one of his
products, or simply home-brewed a loop, he waded in with tips
on debugging things.  He was the FIRST to respond.  As it happens,
I DID buy one of his boxes, so we could call it customer service.
But that didn't matter.  He didn't know....so Gary gets the all time
good guy award for being helpful.

NOW..that said... thanks to all for your responses.  When the temp
went above freezing, null performance improved.  I suspect that a few
radials will help.  My sandy soil is a problem...and moisture content
varies.

Again, thanks to all for your inputs.

N2EA
Jim