Re: Topband: Transceiver Key Clicks

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"Thomas Kuehl" <ac7a@earthlink.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Transceiver Key Clicks
From: "Paul Christensen, Esq." <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:21:51 -0500
> Seriously, it is only pennies and a few hours of design time to fix these
> problems before the radio is built. The real problem has to be no one in
the
> design process cares.

Quite true Tom.  When I indicated that the design can be a challenge, I
should have said that a "re-design" can be a challenge to an existing radio.
>From the onset, a design that maintains keyed envelope integrity without
power spike anomalies is actually quite easy to accomplish as is fast QSK
without headphone clicks and thumps.  It's working with what you have and
maintaining some semblance of reasonableness in the mod that can become
tricky.

-Paul, W9AC