Topband: Stew Perry

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Stew Perry
From: "Barry N1EU" <n1eu@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:51:22 -0500
Appreciate the clarification of the status, or lack thereof, of the "dx window." I promise that I didn't try to chase anyone off any frequency, except perhaps my cq freq if they got very close.

I was fortunate to quite recently acquire an FT-1000D, and just managed to get the W8JI keyclick mod (thanks Tom) installed right before the contest. I would appreciate any comments on the keying characteristics and tone of my tx signal. To aid others who might want to implement this VERY easy mod, I took some photos and posted them on my Web site with mod info (credit to W8JI and K1ZM). I also posted some fairly crude, but dramatic, before and after recordings of the keying. The page can be accessed at http://www.qsl.net/n1eu/Mods/1000Dclick.htm

Grateful for all the q's last night/this morning, as well as the decent propagation we enjoyed.

73 & Happy 2K4, Barry N1EU