Re: Topband: sloper array

To: "theo" <theo.bemelmans@pandora.be>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: sloper array
From: "Ryszard Tymkiewicz" <rtym@ippt.gov.pl>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 07:49:53 +0100
Theo,I'v been using such a sloper since 13 years.
My tower is only 18m nigh with additional 2 meters tube and
TH6DXX + A3WS on the top.
In the beggining I was not using radials at all.The sloping wire is in South
-East
direction and I noticed in that time it had at least 1S gain in this direction.
After 5 years I added 20 radials and since then the difference to other
directions
was only about 2-3 dB. Just one year ago I added 30 more ,so I have 50 now and
it seems to me its radiating in all directions the same way.So,I doubt if the
additional
Sloper will help anything.

                 73 and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
                                  Rys