Topband: ARRL 160 meters in South Italy

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ARRL 160 meters in South Italy
From: "Ivo Pezer" <9a3a@libero.it>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:29:03 +0100
I'm happy to that, although this time my antenna was only 7 m (20+ ft) above
ground (full size Inv V), I managed to log 12 NA stations in an hour or so
on the air.

NO2R was loud at the beggening and W8JI was genuine S9 on Sunday morning,
around I7 sunrise. Reached as far as W8/9 working N9RV and W8MJ.

Considering that east coast stations may have been listening for the west
coast, I did not worry too much about unanswered calls.

Today I raised Inv V to 11-12 meters (35 ft|) above ground (F12 boom used as
mast) and hope to catch NA again...

73 Ivo I7/9A3A

ex 5B4ADA - C4A