Topband: XU7ACY Feb 2004

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: XU7ACY Feb 2004
From: "Peter" <p.pellack@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 18:37:31 -0500
       I'll be at Hiroo's shack in Sihanoukville,Cambodia the first week of
Feb.2004 concentrating on 160 meters.Guess there is a few guys who still need
this one on 160 !Looking for any input to help make this a reality in your
logbook.Looks like he has 2 roof mounted towers,20 and 17 meters high above the
ground.I'm planning to constuct an Inverted "L" fed at the ground level w/tuned
elevated radials if possible.Problem is the hotel is in the way to get all 4
directions with the radials but I have modeled it in 3 directions and it looks
ok.Dick,N6FF,is there right now and he claims it is a very quite location so
receive antennas are not necessary.I plan to bring my pennant and beverage
stuff just in case.I am curious about what direction to aim these rx antennas
for east-west coast paths from there.I will be using Hiroo's TS690D at about
600 watts output.Any and all comments welcome to help make this a
success.Peter,NO2R   p.pellack@verizon.net