Topband: FT-1000MP Key Click Mod Results

To: 1000mp@mailman.qth.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: FT-1000MP Key Click Mod Results
From: "Barry N1EU" <n1eu@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 10:16:49 -0500
Last night I successfully modified my FT-1000MP with the help of Ed, W2UV to reduce the key clicks. The mod was quite straightforward to install.

The results are quite evident and I made some before and after WAV recordings and posted them on my Web site:

http://www.n1eu.com/Yaesu/MPclicks.htm

I urge all FT-1000X cw operators (especially topband QRO) to have the mod installed.

Thanks to W8JI and W2VJN for their work in developing the mod.

73,
Barry N1EU