Topband: 160 Rohn 25 Vertical

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160 Rohn 25 Vertical
From: Ed Smith <w4eds@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:10:34 -0800 (PST)
Hey,

Thanks for all the replys on the gin pole requirement. I have one built and it
is a real dandy.

Next:   I am ready to drop the first section in the hole which is 4X4X4. What
length of tower should be exposed for series feed ? Is there anything wrong
with using a full length? If I use a full length or more to move the feed point
up, will that result in a lower angle of radiation like with elevated radials ?
Also, if I elevate the feed point, should I modify the length of the radials ?

Anyone interested in SHOWING me how well my new gin pole works ??

Thanks, 73,

Ed Smith   W4EDS
Spencer, VA