Topband: MFJ-1025

To: topband@contesting.com, deni1@tiscali.fr
Subject: Topband: MFJ-1025
From: Earl W Cunningham <k6se@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:58:56 -0700
Last week I sold my MFJ-1025 noise canceler to Deni, GM3SKN.  He says it
arrived today and that the phasing control does not work.

I bought the unit new over two years ago and briefly tried it and it
worked fine on steering the beam pattern of my shunt-fed tower verticals,
but then it went into storage until I sold it.

I suggested to Deni that perhaps the Phase switch contacts became
oxizdized after a long period of inactivity, but I can't think of
anything else which might be causing his problem.  He says that the gain
controls for the two amps in the unit are working ok, but that the
phasing control does nothing.

If any of you have any ideas, please let me or Deni (his e-mail address
is deni1@tiscali.fr) know about them.

Then manual I had for it had only an MFJ-1026 schematic.  That's the unit
with the built-in noise antenna.  If anyone a a schematic for the 1025, I
and Deni would appreciate it if you could scan a copy for us.

Thanks, 73, de Earl, K6SE