Topband: 3C0V

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 3C0V
From: "Ryszard Tymkiewicz" <rtym@ippt.gov.pl>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:31:05 +0200
Hi All,
I exchanged e-mails with Franz DJ9ZB a few days ago regarding his activity
on 160m from Annobon. As you know /if everything goes well/ the group should
be active as 3C0V from 27th September till 10th October.
I suggested Franz to use 1821-1824 kHz and rather + 0.5 kHz /like 1821,5 ;
1822,5 kHz etc/
than exactly 1821,1822 ..etc. I asked him also to work split ~2kHz and he
answered
he will try.
They will use Titanex V80 and although there is only one strictly CW operator
EA5YN
Franz DJ9ZB will try also to be there himself.

                     73 GL and CU in pileups
                      Rys

                   SP5EWY
                 rtym@ippt.gov.pl

P.S.
Also more details about Juan de Nova :

Europa Island, FR---.
Europa, FR A team of eight French military operators will be active from Europa
Island (AF-009)
from November 22nd until December  5th or 6th.
Europa is a small island that is part of the DXCC Entity called - Europa & Juan
de Nova.
They hope to have three stations active on 6 through 160 meters on SSB, CW and
digitals modes.
The team plan to operate in the CQ World Wide CW DX Contest on last weekend of
November.
Be aware of the possibility that the operation could be cancelled if the
international situation were to
unfold, as these operators would have to all go on active duty because of there
military jobs. It has
been a difficult project to secure permission to go to this rare island,
however with the persistence of
F5OGL, Didier and his team they did receive the blessing from the general
headquarters to go. Europa
ranks # 6 (World wide) on The DX Magazine's 2002 Most Wanted Countries list. In
Europe it ranks # 10
and in the US it is # 6.
Team members for this operation include F5OGL, Didier, F5CW, Dany; F5JKK, Eric;
F5KIN, Stephane;
F5IRO; F0CRS, David; TU5AX, Chris and another one operator. The callsign for
this most anticipate
DXpedition will be announced when the operation begins. QSL cards will be
handled by F5OGL and
may be sent via the bureau or direct to Didier Senmartin, P.O. Box 7, 53320
Loiron, France.