Re: Topband: Coax to ladder line question

To: "John Harper" <john@ae5x.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Coax to ladder line question
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:23:43 -0400
> polarity? What I'm really trying to find out is, does it matter which side
> of the ladder line is connected to which side of the dipole/inverted V?

John,

That shield sure is a wonderment!

Anytime the current in the antenna terminals is not equal and opposite the
feedline will radiate! Even with coax, the current entering and leaving the
braid equals the current in the center conductor, unless  the feedline is
radiating.

So it makes no difference with a balun or a feedline with high common mode
impedance.

73 Tom