Topband: 160m DX calling channel

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160m DX calling channel
From: Steve Ireland <sire@iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:26:32 +0800
W8JI said
>An international calling frequency might be nearly as good, however.

G'day

With the present 'spotty' conditions which might continue for another year
or two, I think this is a great idea.  I am often busy with family chores
in the US sunrise window, but monitor 1824 when I can, as there is usually
some activity around there if the band is open - often from Tom.

Let's find a frequency and give it a go.  If we use a similar type of
operation to that used on six metres - i.e. if the propagation is good
enough to attract a pile-up, the 'DX' nominates a new frequency and goes
QSY, it should work OK.

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ