Re: Re: Topband: Beverage phasing

To: <topband@contesting.com>, "Bill Tippett" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Re: Topband: Beverage phasing
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 05:52:05 -0400
There is no reason this has to be a single band system. I'd get rid of the
90 degree lumped component feed, and use the system on my Web pages. It is
very rare when the 90 degree Hybrid is a better solution. If you get rid of
that, then the stagger can be ANY amount less than 90 degrees and the F/B
will be excellent. Certainly the antenna would be usable over at least a 3:1
frequency range.

My Echelon Beverages and Broadside Beverages operate over very wide
bandwidths using crossfire phasing, and it actually is easier to build!!
They work as well on 80 as on 160, and are still quite usable on 40m and the
BC band and lower.

> >rear. It's a VERY quiet system. Even a 2element version  makes a BIG
> >improvement in
> >directivity.
> >                      http://www.exit109.com/~kz2s/bev_arrays/

73 Tom