Topband: Comment on Radar Engineers Model 240

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Comment on Radar Engineers Model 240
From: mgruber at arrl.org (Gruber, Mike W1MG)
Date: Thu Aug 14 08:50:19 2003
Tod,

  This is in response to your question about the Radar Engineers Model 240.  We
currently have one in the ARRL Lab.  It's a great receiver and the one used by
Mike Martin.  Mike teaches RFI investigation workshops.  Here is web site:

http://www.rfiservices.info/

  The fingerprint or noise signature technique is also taught by Mike at these
Workshops.  As a graduate, I can recommend them.  We also carry a new book by
Marv Loftness entitled AC Power Interference.  Marv is the inventor of many RFI
Investigation tools and an early pioneer in the use of noise signatures.

  Hope this helps.

73,
Mike Gruber, W1MG
ARRL Lab