Topband: TREE MOUNTED PENNANT

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TREE MOUNTED PENNANT
From: k3nd at yahoo.com (GALE STEWARD)
Date: Thu Jul 17 13:22:42 2003
I'm considering a PENNANT (one or more) to improve the
lowband RX capabilities here. A short BEV and a EWE
were mediocre at best. To keep it as far as possible
from the TX vertical and the tower, I would need to
mount it on/in trees. This might end up with the
PENNENT shape somewhat distorted due to the
availability of good tie-off points. They are usually
never where you want them! I've modeled the PENNENT
and distorted the shape a little with no real change
in pattern. Living in the real world however, I'm
wondering if anyone has done a similar tree mounting
of a PENNENT or FLAG and ended up with favorable
results. Any info appreciated!

Cheers,
Stew K3ND