Topband: Accepted Distance between Vert Ant & Yagi.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Accepted Distance between Vert Ant & Yagi.
From: jlopez at plasticosomega.com (Javier Lòpez)
Date: Sat Jul 12 20:50:35 2003
Hi,

I would like to know wich could be the acceptable distance that must be
observed between a tower 36 feet high with a TH6DXX on top and a full quarter
wave vertical antenna for 80 mts.

The reason is because I have actually a butternut HF-2V on my rooftop, because
my roof it`s almost flat, I change for a quarter wave vertical for 80 Mts. but
no further than 4 hours after installed, the neighborhood started to call me
showing it`s disspoint about my new antenna.

So, if I want to preserve my local friends, I`m thinking to move the antenna to
the place were my tower is, the problem is that there is not so much space over
there so if I make the move I have not  so many free space, but before move I
would like to avoid some kind of resonance problems due mettalic obejct near
the vertical.

If I didn`t find a decent soulution I think that the new antenna will cost me
several barbecues hi!!!

Ideas welcome,

73 de yv5mbx