Topband: RX comparison RF source

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RX comparison RF source
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri Jun 27 09:44:22 2003
> How about using a Time Machine as a consistent and
> repeatable source for RX tests?  Using the TM, one
> could feed identical RF to any number of receivers
> over and over again to perform any number of tests.

Not a bad idea Kirk! We could record noise in a broadband digital recorder,
and use that recording as a standard. In effect we would have a time
machine, allowing us to compare receivers on different days.

Personally, I would never rely on in-the-noise air tests made on different
days or even at different hours to compare receivers. The "time machine"
that could move the same noise to any time present or future would be great,
however!

73 Tom