Topband: Re: [Elecraft] Ten-Tec Orion

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: [Elecraft] Ten-Tec Orion
From: kh7t at arrl.net (John Buck)
Date: Wed Jun 18 20:57:45 2003
Well, I never thought that I would post a message to rebut (sort of) a
glowing report on the K2.

My K2 is the best receiver I have had and does A/B better that my OMNI VI.
But the my ORION is slightly better than the K2 in digging out the weak
one next door to the local KW.  The major benefit is how quiet the band
sounds in between signals in a pile up.
Granted, there are more opportunities to not have the ORION optimally
adjusted.
So congratulations on having a super K2 and sorry that your ORION
performed poorly for you.
I am looking forward to field day with both on the table and working
with WIN-EQF,

And congratulations to TEN-TEC for honoring their 30 day full refund.

Both are definitely keepers and I am spoiled for any thing else.

Aloha,
John KH7T