Topband: South America

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: South America
From: py2fus at integral.com.br (Ronald Sekkel)
Date: Mon Jun 2 11:38:19 2003
Hello Rag !

Thanks for the QSO last Saturday. Unfortunately conditions went down suddently.

Regarding TopBand activity in SA, please keep your expectations low:

ZP: you must be really lucky to hear one. And most of them are SSB only.
The last 4 years I worked just a couple of them.
You may try to get in touch with ZP6CW - He's a nice CW operator, but don't
hear them on 160.

CX: CX4SI is your best chance in CW and CX7OV in SSB. But again, only rare
appearances.

CP4BT appears once in a while, with 100 watts batery powered radio into a
long wire. He's best sigs here are 559.

CE: I still need it as a new one, although I know XQ6ET have been active.

OA: no regular activity

8R1: no regular activity

As we are getting into winter here, the noise is coming down, and may be
some new guys appear.

Best 73's and DX.

Ron

PS: I saw your QSL at the wall in FriedrischHafen  back in 2001, but could
not find you. May be next time.