Topband: Slinky Beverage Vs. EWE

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Slinky Beverage Vs. EWE
From: les at highnoonfilm.com (Les Rayburn)
Date: Tue May 27 12:24:28 2003
It's the usual Topband lament, I've got a small suburban lot with little
room for receiving antennas.
At the moment, I'm running a small 4 foot remote tuned loop on a rotor, and
a Southern facing
EWE, both of which perform well.

I'd like to pick up more Western states from my Central Alabama location,
and so plan to put
up a low noise antenna to favor the West this summer. I have two options,
(dictated by
property limits and also where I chose to run feedlines in a 16" deep trench
last Summer!)

1. I can put up a EWE
2. (With permission from my neighbor), I could also manage a Slinky Beverage
with a run of about 200 feet ( I think I could compress 20 or more Slinky's
into this
space).

Having trouble finding out any info about how well the Slinky beverages
perform VS.
something like an EWE or K9AY, Flag, Etc. Any advice appreciated.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film