Topband: Current, current, here's the current??

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Current, current, here's the current??
From: w7my at yahoo.com (Greg Chartrand)
Date: Tue May 20 10:14:37 2003
It was asked if you measure the voltage at any point
on the coil, how do you know the current? I assume the
power is constant at any point on the coil so if you
calculate the voltage, guess what? You can also
calculate the current assuming you know the power.
Yes, the losses are not linear across the coil but in
the mobile case, the coil losses are insignificant
when compared to the ground losses.

That leads me to think about the center loaded case
where the current wisdom <pun> shows the current
increasing above the coil. I have always wondered if
that is correct. Maybe Barry's results will shed light
on that question.

Greg
W7MY