Topband: Re: 160 Loaded Vertical Antennas (Barry, W9UCW)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: 160 Loaded Vertical Antennas (Barry, W9UCW)
From: W4EF at dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Sat May 17 18:21:14 2003
The other interesting thing to consider is why a center loaded
antenna exhibits a current taper across the inductor whereas the
inductor in a base loaded antenna would not (I am assuming
here that the fact that a base loaded antenna produces significant
radiation is proof that there is minimimal current taper in the
base inductor)? And if the base inductor doesn't produce significant
taper, why does moving it to the center produce a taper. Also, if
there is significant taper in the center loaded antenna's inductor
then why does the portion of the antenna structure above the

BTW, I am not disputing Barry's observations. I am just trying to
reconcile them with theoretical principles. There seems to be a
disconnect.

Interesting discussion.