Topband: Antenna question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antenna question
From: i4jmy at iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Wed Apr 30 14:58:34 2003
.
> I think the main advantages of this approach are purely practical
> ones--reduced height and easier impedance matching because of the higher
> feedpoint resistance.  I use a simple L-network at the junction of the
> feedlines.  Theoretically, with zero loss, there is no real performance
> advantage for this system over any short vertical system that also has
zero
> loss.
>
> 73, John W1FV

Hi John,

first of all thanks for the reply.
The intriguing points for me of the antenna in question, if compared to a
classical low loss (top hat loaded) short monopole is the SWR flatness
joined with the claimed overall efficiency. About the matching system with
the four quarterwave (step up) low loss lines it could be also an
interesting approach since it matches and forces the currents equally into
the four inverted L elements and it's inherently and easily "weather" proof.

73,
Mauri I4JMY