Topband: Automatic Antenna Tuner for 160 Meters

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Automatic Antenna Tuner for 160 Meters
From: les at highnoonfilm.com (Les Rayburn)
Date: Mon Mar 24 10:05:55 2003

I'm in the process of upgrading my station, and want to replace my
manual antenna tuner with an automatic tuner. Ideally, I'd love to
find something like the Ten-Tec 238, a beefy "L" network
tuner that could handle complex reactances.

I'm only running 100 watts, but as we know tuning on 160
is a real test of most tuners. Also I like the harmonic suppression
of an "L" network, vs. the standard "T".

Does anyone on the list have any recommendations?
Antenna is a 45 foot "T" vertical with a 70 foot three
wire flattop. Feed with RG-8 about 70 feet from the
shack.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF

Les Rayburn, director