Topband: ZJ Electronics Beverage Box

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ZJ Electronics Beverage Box
From: n4zr at contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu Mar 13 12:01:03 2003
I just opened up a ZJ Electronics Beverage Box that I was thinking of using
at the feedpoint of a K9AY loop.  To my surprise, it appears to use a very
small encapsulated 9:1 transformer and an almost invisible MMIC
amplifier.  Is it worth retrofitting this with a larger toroid transformer
with the right turns ratio and isolated primary and secondary, or is the
amplifier design dubious enough so that I might as well junk it?

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 23 Feb 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm